International ELF can only help with the ranking of #IWish in Korean digital charts via melOn and genie. Streaming in itunes does not help M&D in music shows. Please try to stream via melOn and/or genie to help M&D win in music shows~
[ melOn ]
melOn (www.melOn.com) is the most important digital chart. As you have seen, the boys always post screencaps of their albums from melOn. ALL music shows count melOn’s digital charts. Therefore, we should try to stream via melOn.
- You have to purchase a melOn package in order to download and stream the full songs of the album in melOn.
- The cheapest melOn package costs $9.99 + apple fee (about $0.70).
- The $9.99 package will let you download 30 songs and stream any song on the website or app unlimited times for 30 days.
- You also need an apple device in order to purchase from melOn.
- If you don’t have an apple device, SJ-World is helping ELF purchase from melOn.
Tutorial on how to sign up and stream via melOn: http://t.co/NzHiMPK6m6 (includes how SJ-World can help you purchase from melOn)
After signing in, go to the album page: http://www.melon.com/album/detail.htm?albumId=2313902
- Stream #IWish (the title track) or all 6 tracks
- Streaming all 6 tracks would increase the chance of having more than 1 track reach melOn’s top 100
- Rate the album with 5 stars
- Like the album by clicking the heart
- Like each song by clicking the heart of each song
- You may also like M&D as an artist by clicking the star in the artist page: http://www.melon.com/artist/timeline.htm?artistId=548202
Download the melOn app to stream on your smart phone: http://t.co/RrWVfTlWw8 (safer than playing the songs on your computer)
- You might have to change your phone settings to unblock the app first before you download it.
- Even if you download the songs to your phone from the melon app, listening to them will not count as streaming if the songs do not have 다운 on the right of the track.
- After you download the songs to your phone, clear your playlist.
- How to put the album in your playlist:
- Click the blue circle: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCsB4LaVEAALQB2.png
- How to view your playlist:
- Click the blue circle: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCsCHtZUEAAt-4s.jpg
- How to clear your playlist: (click the blue circles)
- Put the songs again in the playlist and make sure you see a wifi icon on the left of the track and 다운 on the right of the track. The correct way of streaming:
- Some have said that clearing your playlist every after listening to all the songs helps in counting your stream.
- Some have said to log out of and log back in your melon account every midnight KST.
- How to log out: (click the blue circles)
[ genie ]
If you registered in genie using your facebook or twitter account before March 5, 2015, you can still log in to genie (www.genie.co.kr). Genie currently has a limit of 5 codes (it might change as it used to have a limit of only 3 codes). If you have registered less than 5 genie codes in an account, you can still register more codes. Genie is counted in Inkigayo and Gaon digital charts~
(We are currently finding a way for international ELF who have never registered in genie before to log in and stream in genie.)
After signing in, go to the album page: http://www.genie.co.kr/Detail/f_Album_Info.asp?axnm=80557601
- Like the album by clicking the heart on the top of the page
- Like the songs by clicking the heart as you listen to each track
- You may also like M&D as an artist by clicking the heart in the artist page: http://www.genie.co.kr/detail/f_Artist_Info.asp?xxnm=80136440
Download the genie app to stream on your smart phone: https://t.co/n7Ha5ttZlf
You do not need to pay in order to stream in genie. You will need a genie code. A genie code will allow you to stream 100 songs. You can use the code to stream the whole album (all 6 tracks) as many times as you can. We encourage everyone to stream all 6 tracks per hour so that we can increase the chance of having more than 1 track hit genie’s top 100 chart.
If you decide to stream only #IWish, stream the song only once every hour: 00 to 59. For example: once at 1:05, once at 2:30, once at 3:10, etc. Even if you stream the song 10 times in an hour, it will only count once.
Where can you find a genie code? Unfortunately, all the genie codes that came from Mamacita until The Beat Goes On Special Edition expired already. The genie codes from the physical M&D album can be used (as of now, we are unsure when the codes expire. We have to wait for the release of the album on April 21). After registering a code, we can use up the 100 credits for 60 days.
If you bought other artists’ albums recently, they might have genie codes inside them too. Check at the back of the card (near the bottom in red font that says 2015년 X월 X일) to see when they expire.
Tutorial on how to log in on genie and use the genie code to stream: http://t.co/wleCKBYIaA (only useful to ELF who made an account before March 5, 2015)
- If you can log in to genie and you need a genie code, SJ-World will try to accumulate codes from donators. We will announce once we have genie codes to give away.
- If you would like to donate your unused genie codes from a recent album (released end of March or later), please email SJacrossthe7seas@gmail.com and specify from which albums the genie codes are from.