How to change the country/region of your app store in order to install MelOn
This tutorial shows you how to change the country of your app store, without this step you CANNOT install any Korean music site/app on your apple device. This is for apple users ONLY.
Changing from you app store to Korea app store has changed, follow our tutorial to install Korean apps
- If you have an apple device the first thing you must do is go to settings.
- Once you are in settings, please do as instructed in the images below:
- STEP 1.1: Above airplane mode you can access your Apple ID by clicking where your name and email you use on your Apple ID. Afterwards, click where it says “iTunes & App Store” below “iCloud” and Step 2 will show up.
- STEP 1.2: Or, you can press where it says “iTunes & App Store” below “Privacy” when scrolling down the settings menu and then click on your Apple ID (where your apple ID e-mail is) and you will be taken to Step 2.
- STEP 2: Click on View Apple ID.
- STEP 3: Click where it says Country/Region as shown in the image below.
- STEP 4.1: Click on “Change Country or Region“.
- STEP 4.2: Look for “Korea, Republic of” or sometimes it can be found in hangul. Once you have found either, click on it.
- STEP 5: Choose “None” as your payment method
- Note: To purchase a soribada or genie pass you need to turn back to your own country’s app store after downloading Korean apps to add your payment method, if you try to add a payment method that is not a Korean credit/debit card or any payment method from Korea, you will not be able to proceed.
STEP 5.2: The next step is the address. You may write your own street address, but you must put a Korean City, County, and Zip Code that you can find on google if the ones below (see STEP 5.2) do not work for you. Don’t forget to add a cellphone or telephone number, it does not have to be a Korean number but it is necessary. Click Next.
Steps 6, 7, & 8
- STEP 6: Click “Agree” to the terms and conditions.
- STEP 7: Click “Done” to finish.
- STEP8: Follow these same steps to turn back to your own app store (it should be easier as you will enter your own information). You will need to turn it back after downloading the apps so you can add a payment method and be able to purchase your own Genie or Soribada pass (you cannot buy a pass from melon unless you have a Korean ID/#).
To install Korean Apps:
- Go to your app store
- Search up the app’s name (doesn’t have to be in hangul for: Soribada, Melon, Genie, etc.).
- Then, once you press install the app will begin to download, or it will prompt you for your password depending on your configurations.
- And that’s it, now you have the app installed.
written by winecouple0137 @sjworld
PLEASE DO NOT RE-UPLOAD. THANK YOU.